AFM Elects New International Leadership
The 102nd Convention of the American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada was held June 26 through June 29, 2023 at the Westgate Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
International President Ray Hair, International Vice President Bruce Fife, and Secretary-Treasurer Jay Blumenthal announced earlier this year they would not be seeking reelection, thus opening the top three positions for new leadership.
This convention’s election included 212 delegates representing 132 locals for 573 votes total. Congratulations go to Tino Gagliardi of Local 802 (New York City), the new international president of the AFM.Vice President from Canada Alan Willaert and International Secretary-Treasurer Ken Shirk were elected by acclamation.
“In the wider world, collaborating with our friends and allies—inside and outside our profession—is the key to winning legislation, winning at the bargaining table, and getting us the pay and the respect we deserve at work,” says AFM International President-Elect Tino Gagliardi.
Newly Elected Officers
* New term of office begins August 1, 2023.
- International President Tino Gagliardi, Local 802 (New York City)
- Vice President Dave Pomeroy, Local 257 (Nashville, TN)
- Vice President from Canada Alan Willaert, Local 149 (Toronto, ON)
- International Secretary-Treasurer Ken Shirk, Local 99 (Portland, OR)
International Executive Board
- Luc Fortin, Local 406 (Montreal, PQ)
- Ed Malaga, Local 171-610 (Washington, DC)
- John Acosta, Local 47 (Los Angeles, CA)
- Tina Morrison, Local 105 (Spokane, WA)
- Dusty Kelly, Local 149 (Toronto, ON)
- Mont Chris Hubbard, Local 99 (Portland, OR)
- Tracey Whitney, Local 618 (Albuquerque, NM)